Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm Walking!

Hi there! I am a walker these days. I tend to bounce from furniture to furniture that helps me stay up, but I am definitely walking more than crawling.

Mom and I have been busy bees. We spend as much time outside as we can. We like to walk to the park every day. We also go to Gymboree a few times a week. It's a gym designed just for toddlers like me! We sit in a circle (well, we're supposed to, I don't like to sit... I want to play with all the cool stuff!), sing songs, and go through planned activities. I have two clear favorites (besides not sitting when I am supposed to). First, we push an air log. All of us toddlers get behind this long air log and push it across the room. It is so much fun! My second favorite activitiy is the busy box. Miss Erin sings a song and shakes the busy box and I get so excited to see what's inside to play with on that day. Mom says we're only doing Gymboree for July. She wants more "freedom" in August before she goes back to school.

Of course I am still taking swimming lessons on Saturdays. I do not like to go on my back and have water touch my ears, so we are working on that a little in the bathtub. I am getting better at safely exiting the pool, but most of all, I am just becoming more comfortable with swimming.

Speaking of swimming... I will get to go swimming at Grandma Mac's in a couple weeks! I am really looking forward to our vacation! It will be my first time in the ocean. Can't wait to see you, Grandma!

Mom had to work on Monday, so Dad took the day off. He took me to the park and we fed a goose! We also fed a duck, and then Dad read some sign that said, "Do not feed water fowl." I clearly don't know what that means, but I do know the goose and ducks loved my food.

Today I was a very lucky boy. Mom and I went to Robyn's house and had a playdate with Mya and AJ. I showed them how well I am walking now. I really miss them and it was nice to spend a couple hours with them. Thanks for having us over, Robyn!

Tomorrow my cousin Isabella is coming over for a sleepover. She and Mom are going to go to Chuck-E-Cheese after dinner. I am hoping Dad will take me, too. Saturday Mom and Dad have a "date night." They are going out to dinner for their 2nd year of being married. That's a REALLY LONG TIME! Dad leaves for DC on Sunday, and Mom and I will be going to my cousin Cohen's baptism. Mom always says that even though it is the summertime, we sure seem to have a busy schedule. I like to stay busy, though.

I am sure all of you are busy, too. Hope you are enjoying your summer. I wanted to wish my cousin Sean a late Happy Birthday. I know it was at the beginning of July. I hope you had a very special day!

Love,


Jackson


XOX


No comments: