Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a Christmas!

I had such a wonderful 1st Christmas! We went to Grandma's all the way in New Jersey... and we DROVE... well, I rode. I did so well for Mom and Dad. In the hotel on the way there, Mom took me swimming for the first time! I really enjoyed it. There was also an indoor playground at the hotel, so I went on the baby swing for the first time. I bet you can tell by the picture I had a lot of fun!



When we got to Grandma's on Monday, Uncle Bill and Meredith were there. It was such a treat seeing them! They got me some really cool Christmas presents. First I opened a Philadelphia Flyers pillow. I don't know who liked it more - Dad or me! Then I opened a Flyers hat. I look great in it! Finally, I opened a new book titled The Gas We Pass. Yup - that was the name of the book. Uncle Bill even read it to me and now I have a much better understanding of the gas that I pass.

Thank you very much Uncle Bill and Meredith for my Christmas gifts. Although I enjoy them very much, the best gift was being able to spend some time with the both of you. I hope you had fun in New York!



On Tuesday I met Uncle Pete, Aunt Suzy, and my cousins Molly, Connor, Mary Kate, and Emmett for the first time. It was so nice to meet them! They were so generous and gave me a wagon walker, huge teddy bear, and sneaker-socks for Christmas. Dad can't wait to put the wagon walker together, I love snuggling with my teddy bear, and the sneaker-socks are a hit! Everyone comments on them! Thank you for all your gifts. I really enjoyed meeting all of you. Mary Kate - thanks for playing with me and making me laugh!



Speaking of laugh... Uncle Pete really had me going when he was playing with me. Dad took a video of it. You can watch it below.






On Wednesday, Christmas Eve, Grandma prepared one of her many delicious meals. She sure spoiled Mom, Dad, and I while we were there. Grandma and Aunt Kate gave me some wonderful Christmas gifts. I am so lucky! Mom said she'll take pictures of me in my new clothes and post them on the blog. I also love my new toys. Mom says I'll be so smart if I play with the new "Brainy Baby" toys. They kept me busy in the hotel last night. Thank you so much for all your gifts.

On Thursday, Christmas Day, Grandma again was cooking away. Yummy! We also went to mass and saw Grandma's new church. It was beautiful.
I was really showing Grandma a lot of love because I don't get to see her that often - and she spoils me rotten! Check out the video below.

On Friday, we went and visited some of Grandma's friends. We met Mrs. Hydock and her son Jim, and Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald. I was a little bit cranky, but they were patient with me, and I enjoyed the fresh air on our walk. The weather was so much warmer than what I am used to in Wisconsin. We even stopped at Aunt Kate's before going back home to yet another delicious dinner.

It was so hard to say goodbye as the week went by so fast. It was a relaxing, enjoyable week that I didn't want to see end! Thank you, again, Grandma for letting me take over your house for the week. I miss you already.


One thing that perked my spirits after leaving Grandma's was when Mom and Dad took me swimming again last night. Check out my swim trunks!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Mom and Dad have the whole week off, so Mom said she'll post more often this week. Thank you, again, to all of you for your Christmas presents. My bedroom sure filled up fast! I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but again, as I mentioned before, the best part about Christmas was spending time with family.
Sending my love until next time...
Jackson
XOX

No comments: