
Grandma Mac and Aunt Kate came to visit all last week. The week went by so fast - Mom says, "Time flies when you're having fun." Whatever that means... all I know is I had A LOT of fun with Grandma and Aunt Kate!
Shortly before they arrived, we had our first snowfall. I love to be outside anyway, but it is extra exciting in the snow.

Mom even gave me my first sled ride!
Grandma made a snowman for me outside by bedroom window. We named him Charlie. Say, "Hi" to Charlie!
Say, "Bye bye" to Charlie. Poor Charlie toppled over and was buried under a lot of snow. The night after Grandma came, we had a HUGE snowstorm! We ended up getting 10 inches of snow. Mom's school was one of a very few schools that stayed open. She was pretty cranky the next morning when she had to drive to work... and she wonders where I get my foul mood from time to time.
Dad took some pictures of our winter wonderland. Notice the pine trees behind me.


Then the weather turned freezing cold! It was 20 below zero when I woke up on Thursday. Even though we couldn't go outside, we found fun things to do inside. Grandma made me laugh and laugh. She hid from me and I would go and find her.
It felt like Christmas all week. Grandma and Aunt Kate gave me a lot of clothes that Mom says I will look SO handsome in. They also gave me some books that make sounds. I love playing with my books! I will get to mow the lawn with Daddy in the spring, too, except my lawn mower blows bubbles! Top that, Dad. Thank you, Grandma and Aunt Kate for all your generous gifts.
Auntie Kady sent a couple things when Grandma and Aunt Kate were here. There was a wonderful book that will come in handy when I am jealous that Mom has to give her attention to my sister. I also got a bear backpack. It reminded me of the bear Auntie Kady gave me from Yosemite National Park that I sleep with every night.

Even Dad tried the backpack on. It fits me much better, though.

Thank you, Auntie Kady, Uncle Jihad, Hannah, and Alex for the Christmas gifts.
Just when I thought I couldn't be cheered up after Grandma and Aunt Kate left, my friend Elliott came over to play! She is so nice and is saying so many words. I had fun pushing her in the wagon.
Sorry for such a long post! I had so much to share.
I need to wish my cousins Casey and Molly happy birthdays. They had birthdays this month. Did you know Mom's birthday is this month, too? It's the big 3-0. She's OLD! Dad is taking her out for dinner tomorrow night and my favorite babysitter, Emily, is coming over. Dad set it all up as surprise. He is the most amazing Daddy ever.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Jackson
XOX

No comments:
Post a Comment