Sunday, June 14, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

School's out for summer! Mom, Dad, and I celebrated by going to the zoo yesterday. What a beautiful day! We saw elephants, hippos, cheetahs (it came right up to the window at me!), giraffes, all kinds of monkeys, gorillas, lions, rhinos, bears, peacocks, and a lot more. This is Mom and I at the end of the day before we left.

I have been so busy exploring everything I can. My favorite thing to do now is go up the stairs. This is one of the first times I did both flights...


Dad's been taking such good care of me on Wednesdays. He even took me for a walk (in my pjs) last Wednesday when Mom was at grad school. He has been getting around pretty well, although fortunately, he used a wheelchair yesterday at the zoo. You can imagine how funny it was when Mom was pushing Dad who was pushing me up a hill yesterday. Dad makes me laugh during dinner, too. I was laughing at his dance moves - you'll notice at the end I tell him "No," meaning "No, Dad, you can't dance. Ha ha."



Today Dad is at grad school for 11 hours. That way he doesn't have to meet as much over the summer. Tomorrow we are getting my 1-year pictures taken. Next weekend we go north to Nana and Papa's. Uncle David, Aunt Audrey, Isabella, and Cohen will be there, too! I am looking forward to it! At the beginning of July, Mom's friend, Nicole, is coming to visit from Colorado! It will be my first time meeting her!

Oh! I almost forgot. Dad keeps talking about his albino squirrel we have outside our townhouse. He even took pictures of it. I promised him I would post one for him.









He is so into wildlife. Sometimes I think he enjoys the zoo more than I do. This is me at the end of the day yesterday. The zoo wore me out...













Have a great week!
Love,
Jackson
XOX

No comments: